Saturday, December 10, 2011

I've been thinking about how to collect recipes, how to store them and how to share them.  On my Mac, I've been using software called "Yum!" which is now discontinued by the company that took it over.  It's a good piece of software, or at least the version I've been using, but I suspect it to use a proprietary database format.  I've thought about hacking into the data files at times, but haven't done anything about it...  Tonight I went looking for recipe storage formats, and I found RecipeBook XML Format.  Hooray!

http://www.happy-monkey.net/recipebook/

I'm so happy that someone has thought of this!  I'll keep looking to see if anyone else has put an XML recipe markup standard together, but it seems like someone should make this or something like it into an industry standard...

No comments:

Post a Comment